TSPSC Librarian Syllabus 2023: If you are looking for Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Librarian Syllabus 2023, then you have come to the right place. Because through this post I am going to give you complete information about Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Librarian 2023 Syllabus in detail. So please read this post carefully till the end.
TSPSC Librarian 2023 recruitment notification
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Librarian 2023 recruitment notification has been released. So, through this post, I am going to give you detailed information about how long the application for this post will last and what is its syllabus, is its exam pattern, how will the exam be conducted, etc.
Short Note: Recruitment has been done by Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) for 2 posts, this recruitment is the recruitment of a Librarian under the control of the commissioner of Intermediate Education, Librarian under the control of the commissioner of Technical Education. Any interested candidate who wants to fill out this form can fill it form before 10 February 2023.
TSPSC Librarian Syllabus 2023 Overview
|Name of Organization||Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC)|
|Join Our Telegram||Join Now|
|TSPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023||Click here|
|Join Our WhatsApp||Join Now|
|Starting to apply date||21/01/2023|
|Last Date to apply||10/02/2023|
|Age limit||18 to 44 Year|
|Application Processing Fees||Rs.200/-|
|Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel||Subscribe Now|
TSPSC Librarian Education qualification 2023
- The candidates must have graduated and have post-graduation in library science from any recognized university.
TSPSC Librarian Salary 2023
|1.||Librarian in Intermediate Education||Rs.54,220/- to Rs.1,33,630/-|
|2.||Librarian in Technical Education||Level-9-A Rs.56,100/- LEVEL-10 Rs.57,700/-|
TSPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
- Written Exam (CBT)
TSPSC Librarian Age limit 2023
|Minimum Age||18 Year|
|Maximum Age||44 Year|
|Category of candidates||Relaxation of age permissible|
|Telangana State Government Employees||5 Year|
|SC/ST/BCs & EWS||5 Year|
|Physically Handicapped persons||10 Year|
TSPSC Librarian 2023 Exam Pattern
|Written Examination (Objective Type)||No. of Questions||Duration (Minutes)||Maximum Marks||Language Of Examination|
|Paper-I: General Studies And General Abilities||150||150||150||Bilingual i.e., English and Telugu|
|Paper-II: Library & Information Science (M.Li.Sc. Level)||150||150||300||English Only|
2022 के टॉप सरकारी नौकरी
- NEW TSPSC Lecturer Recruitment 2023
- NEW UPPSC Medical Officer Recruitment 2023
- NEW MHSRB Telangana Recruitment 2023
TSPSC Librarian Syllabus 2023
PAPER-I: GENERAL STUDIES AND GENERAL ABILITIES
- Current affairs – Regional, National, and International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Socio-economic, Political, and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on the Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of the Telangana state.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability, etc., and inclusive policies.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English. (10th Class Standard)
PAPER-Il: LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE (M.LI.SC STANDARD)
Unit-1: Foundations of Library and Information Science
- Five Laws of Library Science
- Types of Libraries and their functions
- Library Movement in Telangana, Important libraries in Telangana
- Library legislation in India
- Library Extension Services
- Library Association in India, UK, and USA – ILA, IASLIC, SIS, LA, and ALA
- National & International organizations promoting Library Development- RRRLF, NASSDOC, NISCAIR (CSIR-NIScPR), DESIDOC, IFLA, and UNESCO
Unit-2: Information, Communication, and Society
- Data, Information, and Knowledge
- Information as a Resource / Commodity
- Role of Information in Socio-Economic Development
- Information Society, Knowledge Society
- Knowledge Management
- Information Life Cycle – Generation, Collection, Storage, and Dissemination
- Communication -Channels, Barriers
- National Knowledge Commission; Intellectual Property Rights; Copyright
- Right to Information Act
- Scholarly Communication – Open Access
- Open Educational Resources
- Creative Commons
Unit-3: Information Sources
- Source of information-Primary, Secondary and Tertiary
- Documentary and Non- documentary
- Reference Sources- Dictionaries; Encyclopaedias
- Geographical Sources
- Biographical Sources
- Year Books / Almanacs, Directories, and Handbooks
- Statistical sources
- Bibliographies, Union Catalogues, Indexing, and Abstracting Periodicals
- Serial Publications
- E-Documents – e-Books
- Databases- Bibliographic
- and Full text
Unit-4: Information Services
- Information services- Bibliographic services
- Indexing and Abstracting services
- CAS, SDI, Document Delivery Services
- Referral services
- Online Services – Virtual Reference, etc
- User Education and User Studies
- Information. Seeking Behaviour and Information Needs
- Information Literacy.
Unit-5: Information Processing (Classification and Cataloguing)
- Organization of knowledge/information
- Modes of formation of subjects
- Library classification-Canons, Laws, and Principles
- Notation & Mnemonics
- Fundamental categories
- Call Number; Common isolates; Library classification Schemes-DDC, UDC, and CC
- Library Cataloguing-Canons, Laws, and Principles
- Library catalog codes- CCC and AACR-II,
- RDAF RBR
- Bibliographic standards: ISBD, MARC, CCF, and MARC-21
- Indexing Systems-Pre-Coordinate , Post-Coordinate
- Vocabulary control – Thesaurus, Lists of Subjects Headings
- Information Storage & Retrieval (ISAR): Search Strategies
- Boolean Operators
- Evaluation of ISAR Systems
Unit-6: Library Management
- Management-Principles, Functions, Schools of Thought
- Organizational Structure
- Decision making
- Systems study-Analysis, evaluation, and design
- Collection Development (Books, Serials, Non-book, Material)- Principles of book selection
- acquisition procedures; ISBN,
- ISSN; DOI; Maintenance
- Preservation & Conservation
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management-Resources generation, Budgeting, Cost and Cost-Benefit analysis
- PERT, CPM
- Library Buildings, equipment & furniture
- Marketing information products and services
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
Unit-7: Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Information Technology –Software and Hardware
- storage devices; Software – Operating Systems
- Application Software
- Client-Server Technology
- Different types of Servers.
- Communication Technology – Telecommunications; Modem; Router
- Wi-Fi; Transmission Media
- Networking Concepts – Topologies- LAN, MAN, WAN
- Communication Tools and Techniques – Fax, E-mail,
- Tele Conferencing
- Video Conferencing
- Voice Mail
- Hyper Text and Hyper Media
- Protocols and Formats
- Internet Basics – WWW; Web Browsers
- Search Engines
- Internet Connectivity
- Data Security- Computer Viruses.
Unit-8: Library Automation and Networks
- Library Automation -Areas of Automation
- Hardware and Software Selection
- Resource Sharing and Library Networks-ERNET, NICNET, DELNET, INFLIBNET; OCLC
- Library Consortia
- Information systems- INIS, AGRIS, PUBMED, INSPEC
- Software for Library Automation
- Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems
- Social Media -Academic Social Networks
Unit-9: Digital Libraries
- Digital Library Initiatives; Digitization – Software & Hardware
- File formats
- Digital Collection Management – e-books
- Electronic Thesis & Dissertations
- Resource Discovery – Federated Search
- Search engines
- search tools & techniques
- Digital Rights Management
- copyright & plagiarism
Unit-10: Research Methodology
- Types of Research
- Research Process
- Research Design
- Scientific Method – Spiral of Scientific Method
- Hypothesis, Data Collection
- Sampling techniques
- Methods of Research- Historical, Case Study, Survey, experimental method, etc.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Citation Style Guides / Manuals
- Reference Management Software- EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley, etc
- Report Writing
- Scientometrics and Webometrics
Important Documents For TSPSC Librarian 2023
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar
- Voter’s ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN CardPassport
- ID Card issued by University/College/ School
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU)
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by the Ministry of Defence
- Any other photo-bearing ID Card issued by the Central/State Government.
How to Apply for TSPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023
- To fill out the online form for CDS 2023, you have to visit its official website from the link given below.
- You will see a link on the home page to do the online form,
- on which you have to click and go to another page.
- If you have already registered here, then log in, otherwise, you register first.
- After registering, log in with your ID and password. apply for CDS 2023 and submit online payment.
- Submit the final form after uploading your documents At the end,
- take a printout of the online form and keep it.
Important Links for TSPSC Librarian 2023
|TSPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023||Apply Now|
|TSPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023||Registration|
|Join Our Telegram||Join Now|
|Join Our WhatsApp||Join Now|
|Last date to apply||10/02/2023|
|TSPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023 notification pdf||Download Now|
|Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel||Subscribe|
|Official Website||Click here|
ये भी पढ़े:- 👇
And yes, let me also inform you that if you want the benefits of all such services like recruitment, jobs, and admit cards in the future, then join our Telegram now. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the exam pattern of TSPSC?
There will be two papers
Paper-I: General Studies And General Abilities
Paper-II: Library & Information Science (M.Li.Sc. Level)
What is the selection process of TSPSC?
Written Exam (CBT)
How much salary is available for TSPSC Librarian?
1.Librarian in Intermediate Education = Rs.54,220/- to Rs.1,33,630/-
Librarian in Technical Education = Level-9-A Rs.56,100/- LEVEL-10 Rs.57,700/-